Volunteer General Information
All volunteers have to attend a Volunteer Orientation Session prior to volunteering with Meals On Wheels Atlanta.
(less than 5 people) are arranged on Tuesday at 6pm or Saturday at 10am (please note they last around 1 hour).
(greater than 5 people) are arranged on the day you arrive to volunteer (please have your group leader email firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual volunteers must be 18 years or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Dress Code Requirements
The only one of our volunteer areas with a dress code is our Meal Preparation in our Kitchen. Please see below for further details.
Kitchen dress code requirements:
- No high heels or “open-toe” shoes (no flip-flops or sandals)
- No shorts or skirts (long pants preferred)
- No sleeveless shirts or tank tops (a short or long sleeve t-shirt is fine)
- Our kitchen is kept at a cold temperature, please dress warmly
- No jewelry: Including rings, earrings, facial piercings, bracelets, or watches
- No gum or drinks are allowed in the meal packing or kitchen areas
- The provided hairnets, aprons and plastic gloves must be worn in all food prep and meal packaging areas
- No headphones, ear buds or Bluetooth earpieces may be worn while prepping or packaging meals
- Make sure to leave all valuables/personal belongings at home or secure them prior to arrival at MOWA
- We love social media and PICTURES. Feel free to wear company or group shirts if possible.
All volunteers will fill out a volunteer waiver during the volunteer orientation with MOWA.
Volunteer Background Checks
- All individual volunteers will need a volunteer background check that can be filled out at orientation.
– Corporate Volunteers will not need to fill out a background check. (Faith-based Groups, Civic Groups, School Groups will still need
all members to fill out a background check prior to their scheduled volunteer date which can be mailed, scanned or faxed for your convenience)
Parking is on either side of the building. Due to limited parking, carpooling is recommended for ease and convenience.
Ask for a MOWA Volunteer Representative in the reception area so your group can be led to the training center where we can get started with a volunteer
We will call or email all volunteers to confirm a week prior to their volunteer date to make sure they are set and to answer any questions they have
about their upcoming volunteer day. *However, if anything changes in your plans, please contact us as soon as possible at (404) 351-6194 or email@example.com.